Purpose of Education
The program is designed for acquiring the broad knowledge and basic skills of oral and maxillofacial surgery, mainly concerning the diagnostic procedure, treatment technique and the perioperative patient care. Also throughout the professional education, we promote the system in which each graduate student can select his or her special field in the full scope of oral and maxillofacial surgery in the future.
1) Development of multidisciplinary treatment of oral cancer.
2) Clinical study on sentinel node navigation surgery for oral cancer.
3) Study on molecular markers for lymph node metastasis of oral cancer.
4) Clinical and experimental studies on bone regeneration using β-TCP and/or platelet rich plasma.
5) Development of multidisciplinary treatment of oral mucosal diseases.
The Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic examines yearly more than 6,200 new patients with various diseases arising in oral and maxillofacial regions. The clinic has diplomat of the Japanese Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and accepts many referrals from dentists and medical doctors. We provide a full range of services including extractions, removal of wisdom teeth and management of facial trauma, oral mucosal disease, temporomandibular joint disease, and benign and malignant tumors. The special outpatient clinics are organized by the specialists to offer the best service, especially for patients with malignant tumor, oral mucosal disease and temporomandibular joint disease which need high degree of specialty and long term follow up. We also prepare some groups for inpatients with an emphasis on specialties, to provide the recent and advanced treatment.