Basic Oral Health Engineering is a department assigned to basic science field of oral health in three master course departments which were reorganized from the departments of Oral Health Engineering Course in 2015. The department is originated in Basic Oral Health Sciences.
The department of Basic Oral Health Engineering aims to create a scientific foundation for the clinical applications based on interdisciplinary research between engineering and biology and/or interface studies between basic and clinical sciences. We believe that these research activities, which are focused on the region of the oral cavity, can contribute to attaining healthy and happy living conditions. We have the responsibility to train our students to be medical personnel who are eager to contribute to people's happiness through a broad range of educational courses from basic level courses to professional level courses, which integrate areas of study such as the structure and function of the human body, stomatognathic region, pharmacology and the research process.
1) The development of non-invasive methods of bone mass augmentation (Interdisciplinary research)
2) Research related to the connection between oral bacteria and systemic diseases
3) The development of surface coating materials for the prevention of plaque growth（International collaboration)
4) The fabrication of facial prostheses using a three-dimensional rapid manufacturing method
5) Clinical studies of treatments for patients with maxillofacial defects
6) The development of materials for facial prostheses
7) The education of dental technicians using computer simulation training
Lectures & Courses
Basic Oral Health Engineering is a department of oral health engineering which deals with the basic oral health sciences to perform evidence-based oral health care and prosthetic treatments to support people to promote oral health and improve quality of life. Main objective of Basic Oral Health Engineering in the undergraduate course is to provide students opportunity to study the structure and function of the human body, pharmacology, fabrication of dental and maxillofacial prostheses, dental CAD/CAM technology and research process.
Clinical Services & Other Works
・Maxillofacial prosthetic rehabilitation for patients with maxillofacial defects
・Making dental and maxillofacial prostheses